December 06, 2006

SUNRISE DOESN'T LAST ALL MORNING

It was a long day today. I'm ending it with George Harrison songs, such as "All Things Must Pass."

But it isn't always going to be this way. In fact, today saw amazing change for me. Darkness can only last a nighttime, but daylight arrives at the right time. (All things attributed to George for those lines that I selected.)

My oldest son called tonight and advised that he had won the University elections for Inter-Fraternity Academic President. I have no idea what that really means, but he sounded so happy about it that it must be really cool. I'm so proud of him for making something he wanted come true. That, after all, is a big part of adulthood.

Its true, sunrise doesn't last all morning. But I tell you this: sunrise lasts as long as you allow it to linger. Being a romantic lost in the wrong century ... I allow it to linger forever.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations to you and the Seanster!

    ReplyDelete