January 29, 2007

STREET OF DREAMS


Old road in Lohr am Main
Originally uploaded by PauPePro.


Years ago I was privileged to meet privately with Sarah Vaughan. What a wonderful vocalist and performer.

She asked me which songs of hers were my favorites. I told her that I most loved her renditions of "Black Coffee" and "Street of Dreams." She laughed and explained that she had recorded those songs 30 years earlier. "Yes," I replied, "but I really adore those songs."

Later that night I attended her show in Georgetown. She was so vivacious, so masterful of the entire audience.

She didn't sing my old favorites, but she did bring down the house with her rendition of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes."

I still listen to her music. I even hum my favorite tune when my adventures take me to special little ways, like that shown from Germany in this fab photo taken by PauPePro. Great street.

I want to walk along it humming a Sarah Vaughan tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment