March 30, 2007

Springing Into Sangria


Sangria
Originally uploaded by Gibna Kebira.


I enjoyed the most lovely ride today, the first of the season. Every sinuous muscle remembered each part of the symphonic dance or the road ride.

By the third sweep my motorcycle and I were again in complete sync. It was peaceful; mind-clearing.

As the afternoon sun burned bright I rode through tiny New Hampshire villages. Birds were soaring. My spirits were soaring.

I rode and thought of happy times when friends and strangers gathered to celebrate life. People of all backgrounds melded together oblivious to social divisions that cause only distance and misunderstandings.

Is that not the Sangria of life? Are we not all the better for mixing together? I think so.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear riding weather has returned.

    Ah the Sangria of life. As in "when life gives you lemons--make Sangria!"

    ReplyDelete