April 16, 2007

The Cruiser's Attitude


Loosdrecht
Originally uploaded by Dear Harry.


What a ride! Life offers twists and turns galore.

I attended a nice fundraiser for hunger charities tonight. Local restaurants offered a huge array of goodies for all to enjoy free of charge (other than the entrance fee of course). All proceeds went to the charities.

Stopping by one booth I met a friendly man and woman dressed in traditional German/Austrian garb and touting their Inn at Danbury, a fine country Inn set amidst the hills of New Hampshire and featuring German, Austrian and Swiss cuisine in the "Alphorn Bistro." (See them at www.innatdanbury.com) I made a mental note to someday spend a weekend there.

I returned home and discovered a recently released album from one of my fav Jazz guitarists, Jeff Golub, called "Grand Central." Fabulous music indeed.

Then I happened upon this moving photo from Dear Henry on Flickr. Well, the night is complete: great music, food, wine, and a photo that takes my breath away.

It may be raining outside but in my little home all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment