August 26, 2006

THE TWO MAGIC MOMENTS: DAWN AND DUSK

Magic Moments are governed much like our universe, randomly chaotic yet divinely inspired. That's my take on it at least.

Two times each day offer us mortals the highest probability of a magic moment: dawn and dusk. It is at those times when all of nature is either coming alive or bedding down. And aren't those the times when all the best things happen?

I recall one early morn riding my Triumph 650 north from the southern England village of Arundel just as the sun was rising and the dew of the fields rose into the sky like a wafting fog floating waist high. I was speechless (which is not a situation I often find myself in.)

I recall riding into Geneva Switzerland just as dusk set upon the Lake. All was quiet. All nature was bedding down for the eve, to rest for yet another day of joyous life. I was again speechless.

Magic moments indeed.

Such times are magical whether on a motorcycle tour or walking in a forest. Atop a mountain. Beside a lake. At the ocean's edge or floating upon its vast expanse.

Best shared with your love of course, but magical even when circumstances, time or distance make that temporarily impossible. They are there with you in your heart right then and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment