June 23, 2007

Misty Mountain Roads


Misty Road
Originally uploaded by CaptPiper.


The morning rainstorm ended as abruptly as it began the other day. I was cruising in The Adirondacks. The air warmed as soon as the rains departed.

The road was warmer still. The damp macadam brewed an earie mist that rose into the air in swirls. The entire scene became dreamlike in a sense.

I slowed appreciably as visibility decreased: deer were about, so a more patient pace was wise.

There is magic in mysty roads. There are hearts hidden there. There is beauty clouded by mystery. I shall ride such mysts again I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know that this beautiful posting has been plagiarized by GaryBlogTravel )http://garyblogtravel.info/index.php)

    I've been victimized by him as well. He steals our stuff, gives us no attribution.

    Hopefully we can get him taken down.

    ReplyDelete