June 26, 2007

Summer In the City


Summer Night
Originally uploaded by alex.dorand.


The thermometer read 102 F when I left work today. I was worried that I was destined to spend a hot night in my city flat. I

nstead two nice things happend: first, dear friends called and invited me to dine and swim at their suburban home. Second, when I returned to the City I found such laughter and happiness in the streets that the stickiness of the heat evaporated.

Downtown is alive this night. Couples young and old are strolling, hand in hand. Music seeps from doorways. Laughter is ubiquitous tonight.

I might begin to like this urban living thing. As Tony Bennett says, "Out of the Tree of Life I Just Picked Me a Plum."

1 comment:




  1. Very good work!
    I like your pictures too!!!
    Congratulations...



    ReplyDelete