October 10, 2006

IT'S ALMOST MOLSON TIME, BUT NOT YET


October has been a lovely month here in the North. Warm sunny days followed by cool clear nights.

The sun brings blue skies, wispy cumulus clouds (white, not black), and hot afternoons that make one tear off their outer clothes and walk barefoot in the grass.

Evening brings crystal clear skies with stars popping into view before dusk is even settled. Dusk itself has become a quicker time: it lingers no more till next Summer.

The slow change from Summer to Winter is quite natural and absolutely lovely to observe. It's just another cycle in life; not really that dissimilar from watching our children mature from infant to adolescent to young adult. Indeed, I liken Fall to the wonder of more mature persons who have labored long and then found just a bit more time and experience to become who they were meant to be. They are beautiful, wrinkles and all. Look how their eyes shine with love and an appreciation of this marvel we call life.

There will be snow in the North soon. It has already fallen in the rockies. It will be in the East by next month.

For me, I plan on a few more rides into the chilly hills and valleys of the Northeast. I enjoy cold riding. Just add leather, a sweater, and a smile, and I'm good to go. [Oh yes, I like to add a bit of good music as well.]

Ride till it snows and then go skiing [or swimming in a southern climate on vacation]. That's my plan, and if the creek don't rise, that's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment