October 26, 2006

November Planning


First snow
Originally uploaded by kulkuri.



This is the time of year when we northern riders grow jealous of our southern friends who can ride all year long. We here are nearing the dreaded day when we set our machines in hybernation mode, and set our sights on other activities.

It's not that winter is dismal and cold; well, yes it is to be honest.

But the trick to a happy winter is a plan. My plan is just beginning to gel, but will include the following essentials: warm wool sweaters, warm socks, marino wool and silk turtlenecks, skis, boots, snowshoes, good books for reading, good rental movies for watching, good food for cooking, and lots of good red wine. Add work, a few nice trips to visit friends in Canada, Florida, or perhaps Mexico, and the Spring should be here before we know it.

For winter travel, I'll stick to the new VW Passat 4-Motion I just purchased. Surely I'll be warmer in the car than I was last weekend on the Montauk. The Passat even has Sirius Satellite Radio so I can listen to anything I want when driving. Though I haven't yet visited all the channels, I've discovered channels dedicated to the Met Opera (awesome), Cafe Jazz, Vocal Jazz, Chicago Blues, NPR, and even the CBC. Sweet!

I'll just have to go on an extended road trip real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment