November 01, 2006

I WANT A POMEGRANATE MARTINI


_MG_2516-01fl
Originally uploaded by Leonid V. Kroujkov.



Fresh ripe pomegranates are fleshy, fabulous, flavorful and fun. But lately I've been wondering if they would taste good in a Martini.

I'm not actually a Martini drinker per se. I don't think I've had a Martini in 20 years. But I'm going to try making a Pomegranate Martini the next time I have some Vodka in the house.

Hold the presses, I just discovered a bottle of Absolute in my freezer. Well, I suppose the best time to begin my experiment is right now -- this very evening. After all, if not now, when?

Field testing is such a hardship.

2 comments:

  1. So, how did the pomegranate martini taste?

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply marvelous. But I don't know which is better: tasting the Pomtini after you've squeezed the pomegranate fruit sections through a garlic press into chilled Vodka, or taking a bunch of the fruit into your mouth to be chased by a quick sip of the concoction. Great fun either way.

    ReplyDelete