September 06, 2006

WE WILL MEET ALONG THE WAY

"We'll meet along the way, I know. Go straight and true. Go straight and true. We'll meet along the way, I know."

So begins The Hems latest album, "Funnel Cloud." And it's a lovely album filled with melodic songs of journeys, roads, and discoveries.

The second song, "He Came to Meet Me," tells of a woman visited by a man who found her in her neighborhood and told her stories until she fell in love with him. "The dream was a lot like this, but I never knew, until he came to meet me."

And so it goes with great songs of the highway. From the tear-jerk ballad "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" to "He Came to Meet Me," tales of the road, of life renewed through the discovery of who we might actually be, not stuck in the who we've been, but liberated in the who we might be allowed to become.

Ride my friends. Find out where you can go and who you might become.

No comments:

Post a Comment