September 25, 2006

WHY WE RIDE

I watched a Falcon soaring in the wind today. Ironic, I thought, given my dreaming yesterday of Andean Condors.

Tonight I'm thinking of the upcoming Columbus Day Weekend, a weekend that has so many years brought fantastic weather. I'm longing to make it a fine farewell to what has been the best Riding Season I can remember in many a year. (I know, there's been a lot of rain this year, but I've become so accustomed to rain riding that I am quite comfortable with it. Even in rain there's magic.)

Accuweather.com is already predicting gorgeous weather, though my common sense makes me question the credibility of weather forecasts two weeks off. Could there actually be another perfect weekend before the bikes are put away for Winter? Gosh I hope so.

There are still roads I need to ride. There are stories to be written. The novel of our lives unfolds as we breath each new breath.

Some say "It's good to be alive." I say, "It's better to devour each day as if it's your last." Seize it -- grasp it -- breath it. That's living!

That's why we ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment